This effective Aquasana EQ-AST-WH water softener prevents scale in plumbing, softening the water in the entire house. It’s an eco-friendly system that doesn’t use any salt or harsh chemicals. It doesn’t demineralize the water as it works without chemicals that remove minerals. Also, being a salt free unit it doesn’t put excess salt waste into the water and environment.
This unit has a dual tank system that’s designed for hookup with the whole house water filter system. It can also be hooked up to a standalone descaling or softening system.
For tackling hard water problems the system uses the salt free NAC (Nucleation Assisted Crystallization) technology. It’s designed for protecting plumbing from corrosion and preventing scale formation. With this technology the structure of hard minerals is altered into a crystal structure. As a result of this, the minerals will not bind together to form scale buildup. The water conditioning reduces excess iron in the water, also reducing the adverse effects of scale. It efficiently reduces existing buildup, which will result in extended life of the pipes and appliances.
Installation – check operating specifications before installing
1. KEEP THE UNIT IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION AT ALL TIMES.
2. Remove the red shipping caps from the inlet & outlet ports on the main housing.
3. Precondition the unit by flushing: It is very important that this system is flushed properly prior to final installation. Using the supplied adapter, connect a garden hose to the inlet port so that the water will flow into the system and out of the outlet port. Slowly turn on the water and allow the cloudy water to flow from the outlet into a bucket or drain. Flush the NAC tanks for 5-10 minutes. Once the unit has been properly flushed, be sure the white washers are properly set inside the inlet and outlet ports. Disconnect it from the garden hose and position it for final installation.
4. Turn off main source water supply prior to installation.
5. Install the unit to the main water supply using the supplied components. Do not over tighten fittings, as this may cause leakage and broken fittings. Do NOT use pipe dope. The use of pipe dope voids the warranty. You may use NSF-certified pipe primer, glue and teflon tape. Leave two-three threads exposed and do not exceed seven layers of teflon tape. More than seven layers will cause the nipple to crack and leak.
6. IMPORTANT: The inlet piping assembly (valve, pre-filter, main filter unit, union and nipples) must be firmly braced and supported.
7. Once installation is complete, slowly turn the water on and inspect for leaks.
8. Once the unit is installed and checked for leaks, open the water faucet closest to the installed unit and allow water to run for 5-10 minutes for the final flushing period.